Monday, November 25, 2013

ING Miami training: week two report

Week two went pretty much according to plan. During Tuesday morning intervals, John and I rotated pacing at the front after every lap. The two-mile intervals seemed to fly by using this approach; something I'd like to sustain. The long run on Saturday was probably a little fast for my liking, given the stage of training, but I felt fully recovered from the effort during the trail run on Sunday which is a good sign. The total mileage for the week was 76, with week three jumping up to 85. The following week goes back down to 67, and my legs will surely need the rest.

Update: I have officially registered for the Fat Dog 70 which takes place in southern British Columbia on my birthday, August 16th. My longest race to date is 50K (31 miles), so this is going to be tough. After a short rest after Boston, I will commence training, and may take a few trips to the north Georgia/ western North Carolina mountains to get in some long days on trails.

No comments:

Post a Comment