Sunday, December 1, 2013

ING Miami training: week three report

85 miles. Done. Tired. It was a week of up-and-down weather with several cool morning runs in the upper 20s, punctuated by a miserable 10-miler on Wednesday morning in pouring rain and 35 degrees. If I were to name that Wednesday run, "The Ice Bath" would be an appropriate summarization. Fortunately,  the week ended with a pleasantly warm run on the trails of Flat Rock Park on Sunday afternoon. I prefer the cooler temps on my hard workout days though.

Other highlights: the Tuesday tempo run of 4 miles almost didn't happen since my regular running buddy couldn't make it (and I wasn't motivated), but I toughed it out and managed to run the 4 at 6:44, 6:44, 6:31 and 6:29. Saturday's long run of 15 miles was altered from a steady-state to a progression run since I felt the need to get in some quicker miles, the fastest of which was 6:20. On Sunday, I ran 6 miles in the morning with a few runners competing in a 24-hour race. I was in awe.

New adventure: I'm planning an "adventure run" on Cumberland Island on a date TBD. It'll probably involve a sea kayak trip from St Marys, GA followed by a 30+ mile run on the beaches and trails of the island. More details to follow. Most-likely to be done this upcoming spring or fall.

Next week calls for 67.5 miles. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment